seeking experienced climber(s) for a Sequoia climb

• 3climbr
  • 3climbr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #133940 by 3climbr
I am seeking 1 or 2 climbing partners interested in spending a couple nights in a Giant Sequoia. I have climbed in a particular grove that I am interested in returning to. I cam guide and lead-climb.
The grove is on the Trail of 100 Giants. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/gsnm.html
Nick Araya and I spent a night there 2 summers ago. I would really like to get back. I don't want to climb alone and it seems like Nick is busy with his business.
I have been climbing for almost 6 years. I have solid skills in both basic and SRT climbing.
Please email or call with your climbing credentials. 805-252-4289. I live near Santa Barbara and I think my drive is about 5 hours. You can map your distance using Johnsondale, CA as the destination.
Planning for this climb could take as little as 1 week-depending on your experience.
Please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks,
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #133954 by nickfromwi
I'm down for a climb up north! I'd love to get back up to Patience to see what the view looks like from the top.

I might have to get a rappel rack so as to avoid the twistiness that we got to experience last time!

Are there others out there that would like to join in on the fun?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• 3climbr
  • 3climbr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #133957 by 3climbr
Nick,
I am so glad you are interested in climbing together.

Here's a link for an excellent supplier http://www.karstsports.com/descenders.html
I have a CMI mini rack, which I use with a backup all the time. I've never used any of the larger racks; but do understand they have "more utility". I also have a Petzl Pirana and a Black Diamond ATC. Either of which work fine with a back up on 3/8 (9.5mm) static line. A large rack can add some bulk to your pack.
Please feel free to try the 3 descenders I have before you buy.

Any ideas on a third climber?

Robert

More
13 years 5 months ago #134974 by horsewmn
Robert, I know this was posted a while ago, but my tree partner has a wish to climb a great sequoia. Can you give me any information on who we might contact to make this happen? He climbs trees almost daily for his high risk tree removal business here in Washington state and we've taken some classes in high angle rescue and safety. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I appreciate your assistance. -Juliua

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds