Climbers in Eastern Pa?

• Spanky
  • Spanky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 2 months ago #131094 by Spanky
Climbers in Eastern Pa? was created by Spanky
I would like to learn about rec tree climbing for myself and possibly for the kids summer camp I work for. I have Rock Climbing and Rope Course backround but am clueless about tree climging. Is there anyone climbing in my area that I could observe/watch/learn from to see if tree climbing is something we could introduce at our camp?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #131167 by HooT
Replied by HooT on topic Re:Climbers in Eastern Pa?
Hey Spanky!

Define Eastern PA? Northern, southern, Philly??? I don't live there anymore but travel to the Philadelphia area from time to time for business and visiting family and would love to demo tech climbing for you. Let me know where you are and we'll see if it's feasible.

Eric

So many Trees... So little Time!

• Spanky
  • Spanky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 1 month ago #131174 by Spanky
Replied by Spanky on topic Re:Climbers in Eastern Pa?
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Ephrata, Pa. It's about an hour west of Phila. Check out the camp I work for at www.woodcrestretreat.org. I am just exploring the idea of climbing. We have over 100 acres of woodland and some mature trees on our property that my work. I need advice from someone who knows climbing to see if it would even be possible. If you are in the area at all this spring, it would be great to have you swing by.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds