Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?

• shorty
  • shorty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130323 by shorty
Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx? was created by shorty
Hi , anyone looking to take pity on an old, fat guy that has been bitten by the tree climbing bug?

I have Tree man's DVD and have watched it a lot. Practiced setting the rope and tying the knots for a couple of weeks while deciding what harness to buy. I have climbed a few times in my backyard since getting my harness from NT .

Now, I would like to learn from a person who can keep me from doing something that may put me in harms way.

So, if you're the kind that likes to share the craft, I would like to meet and learn.

Thanks,

Shorty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130327 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?

Originally posted by Shorty
Hi , anyone looking to take pity on an old, fat guy that has been bitten by the tree climbing bug

OH - We pity you, BUT welcome to the CLIMB - I do hear the membership is growing with US over (old) group. THERE I said it. Group. FORGIVE ME. I lost it for moment. Must have been the sunset over the trees.

WELCOME to the TCI forum.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130333 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic San Antonio - Austin Area Climbers
Shorty, Maybe we can get together one of these days if you have a trees I can drive down to San Antoio from Austin on a weekend. Let me know by Private message and we got climbing somewhere. I am always looking for new places to climb and new climbing partners to meet.

More
16 years 5 months ago #130831 by mctoler
Replied by mctoler on topic Austin/San Antonio Climbers..
Hey guys.. I live in New Braunfels... right between both of ya... lets plan something!!

More
16 years 5 months ago #130832 by ramtnt1
Replied by ramtnt1 on topic Re:Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
Shorty, I live in San Antonio and if I am not mistaken, if you look in a mirror you might see someone who looks like me. (Old, fat guy LOL) I have been interested in tree climbing ever since I found this site about a year ago. I don't have any equipment, but I would love to accompany you or a group to see if I really want to get into it. I would love to see your equipment and you in action. If you are gonna do a climb any time in the future would you do me the favor of emailing me or PM me.
Oscar

More
16 years 5 months ago #130837 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
Can you contact the other 2 guys (Shorty, mctoler,) in San Antonio-New Braunfels Area and locate some nice trees and I join you guys one of these weekends now that it is cooler? I have extra ropes and an extra medium size harness and have been doing it for five years but will love to meet some people nearby with new trees. I am tired of climbing my own Trees most of the time or having to go to another state(Oregon, Georgia, MS, Nebraska or Colorado) etc just to climb with my friends!B)
P.S. I am in Austin - Have Gear, Will Travel!

More
16 years 4 months ago #130909 by Ramspeck
Replied by Ramspeck on topic Re: Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
I'm up for a climb in San Antonio and I have a decent place to climb. My kids are climbing as well.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #130926 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
I am in Austin and I will be willing to get together one of these weekends at your place if you send me more details. I have extra gear! Or give me a call at 512- 239-4077 work next week and we talk about more details. If the other two climbers in San Antonio and New Braunfels will join us that would be nice too!:lol:
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by oldtimer.

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #131019 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
Any Climbers In San Atonio, Austin, Bastrop or New Braunfels Area willing to get together next Week. I am ready to travel if you have good trees! Send me an emial or call me at me phone at work and leave me a message
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
512-239-4077 work (I will check messages from home)!
I am on vacation until Jan 3 so I am ready any day next week!B)
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by oldtimer.

More
16 years 2 months ago #131067 by Arbor Vitae
Replied by Arbor Vitae on topic Re:Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
Convenient to find y'all here.

I'm new to the \"Sport\" of tree climbing, in truth a complete novice. But I've been recreationaly tree climbing longer than I can remember and it could be argued that I'm quite good at it. In fact, I've earned myself the nickname \"monkeyboy\" from my friends. Even though I've never used much safety equipment, I've maintained a perfect safety record.

I'm a 22 year old Male going to Texas State University in San Marcos. I do not have any gear, but I do have a fair bit of climbing knowledge (worked as a climbing instructor at a Boy Scout camp over the summer). I am very interested in getting together, though not sure of the best \"legal\" places in the area. Though I can say that TxState campus has some mighty nice trees that we would likely not get run out of.

Please keep me informed at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I look forward to meeting with y'all in the coming months. Till then...

~JMP

More
16 years 2 months ago #131068 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Any climbers in San Antonio or Austin,Tx?
I sent you an e-mail with some info let me know if you are interested in getting together in San Marcos and learn some more of the Technical Aspects for Tree Climbing.:(

More
16 years 2 months ago #131069 by mctoler
Replied by mctoler on topic Re:Any climbers in San Antonio, Tx?
Hey Oldtimer..

Id like to get together with you guys in san marcos and \"learn the ropes\"

Ive done some sport climbing both indoors and on real rock but havent done any tree climbing yet.

I cant make it this weekend, but next weekend would be great for me..

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds