LA has big trees?

• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 4 weeks ago - 17 years 4 weeks ago #129403 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic LA has big trees?
Damn you, moss!!!

I can't wait to climb them.

Robert, let's pick a time. Maybe we can see if any of the other SoCal folk wanna join us....

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 4 weeks ago - 17 years 4 weeks ago #129404 by nickfromwi
Moss, I'm calling your bluff. How do we know that's not just a zoomed in/cropped version of the one I posted?

:D

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
17 years 4 weeks ago - 17 years 4 weeks ago #129405 by moss
Replied by moss on topic LA has big trees?

Originally posted by NickfromWI
Moss, I'm calling your bluff. How do we know that's not just a zoomed in/cropped version of the one I posted?

:D

love
nick

Is there a splice on the table? Though I'd be stealing from you, I'll U2U the URL to verify.

It took two tries to find it, the first 15 minutes surveyed the entire perimeter of LA from high altitude then then gave up, too much territory. The first round helped familiarize me with the LA area which I did't know at all. The second session was about 20 minutes, went after light snow cover and specific tree density. It helped to be able to follow major roads and know that it was on the west or south west side of the road. That combined with snow cover reduced the search territory by quite a bit. If you hadn't included the bit of road fahgetaboutit!! Never would've found it.

It was not easy to find.
-moss

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 4 weeks ago - 17 years 4 weeks ago #129406 by nickfromwi
Ok, okay! You win!

I think the snow within a 45 minute drive from Los Angeles is sort of a dead give away!

I'll make the next pictures from up in the trees!

love
nick

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129408 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Where is Nick?
Hey Moss where in the heck is Nick in that picture. I do not see any splices on the table down there by the tall tree.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129409 by moss
Replied by moss on topic LA has big trees?
Well they don't offer CIA grade satellite images for us regular folk. And it's just as well, there's nothing like discovering a nice tree by exploring the woods the old-fashioned way.

The closest available zoom shows branches and trunks, these are large trees to be seen so well from space! Nicks photos do a much better job of showing what the trees really are.

-moss

• 3climbr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129421 by 3climbr
Replied by 3climbr on topic LA has big trees?
Could that be the Angeles Crest?

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129440 by nickfromwi
It is indeed in the Angeles Crest.

I'm busy this week, but I have a few days off next week. What days did you have off again? Let's go climb these bad boys!

love
nick

• 3climbr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago - 17 years 2 weeks ago #129466 by 3climbr
Replied by 3climbr on topic sounds fun
Nick,
I'm off on Thursdays and Fridays.
When were you thinking?
Robert

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129630 by Duff
Replied by Duff on topic LA has big trees?
I found it in about five minutes, but then you had already given hints. Just follow the road ...

I'm in Culver City and am looking to get started climbing. Any chance I can tag along with someone and watch? I'm willing to be a grunt/gopher.

Everything that was to happen had happened and everything that was to be seen had gone. It was now one of those moments when nothing remains but an opening in the sky and a story—and maybe something of a poem. Norman Maclean

• nickfromwi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #129645 by nickfromwi

Originally posted by rmbnxs
I'm in Culver City and am looking to get started climbing. Any chance I can tag along with someone and watch? I'm willing to be a grunt/gopher.

You just wanna watch? You can learn more by doing. Email me!

love
nick

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds