I'm in New Jersey This Week

• tuffgong
  • tuffgong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129304 by tuffgong
I'm in New Jersey This Week was created by tuffgong
Hey Electrojake or anybody else in the area I will be in Elizabeth New Jersey This week if you would like to meet up let me know via e-mail @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
By the way I brought this beautiful weather with me from texas ..... yeah you're welcome ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129305 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic I'm in New Jersey This Week
Sounds do-able!
It would be a shame to miss an opportunity to meet a fellow TCI forum member.
I’ll see you in email. . . :)
–Ej-

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129311 by Electrojake
Tuff-Gong,
The email Worked! yes/no?
Regards,
-Ej-

P.S. If we can’t find a tree in Elizabeth, I know of a 225 foot smokestack we can do at the nearby Bayway oil refinery. Its kinda like a concrete tree with cell phone antennas growing out of it. The airborne carcinogenic particulates will give your lungs a work-out too. :D

Enjoy NJ!
–Ej-

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129318 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Holy smokes!
Is it a live stack? Any scrubbers around? Gotta have that clean fit, ya know what I mean? I've always wanted to holler down a concrete stack from the top. Send us some pics if you do it. Refraim from base jumping however. We want you to keep posting here.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129319 by Electrojake
Basejump? Not To Worry,
The temperature here has been in the teens with 30 MPH winds. That puts the wind chill at Below-Zero. When I get home from work, all I want is WARMTH!

But to be honest with you. . .
Even on a warm summer’s day,
I’m better known for my tall-tales than my courage. :D

Scrubbers!
Yes Treeman, your right!
Scrubbers and real-time EPA monitoring. Unlike just about everyplace else on the planet, CA. and this part of the Northeast run scrubbers and recorders on their stacks.

I see you have some background on this, eh?

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129331 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Some eco education.
I've got some eco education, but it is a huge field now. Industrial polution is a big deal now with numerous avenues to persue. Humans are a such messy bunch of animals. We really don't clean up behind ourselves that well.

I think we as humans need to start at home in our own humble way to reduce waste and excess. Recycle and use less consumption. It is something we as hippies thought about a lot back in the days.

I sometimes wonder what happened to the effort and energy we put into saving the environment from ourselves. Did we get lazy or too self involved when we "grew up" and became reasonable tax paying citizens with families to support? I'm degressing Electrojake. Possibly you touched a nerve, seeing our planet go down in quality right before our eyes, and a certain level of "convienient denial". Possibly others feel that way too (Al Gore got top billing for his movie at the awards) but our government policy makers are still sluggish to act (after all these years). Someone please pull me out of this momentary nosedive.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129336 by Electrojake
Ah Yes!
Excellent material for an off-topic rant. . .

Ecology is good stuff. Even for a right leaning industrial child like myself, I am very aware of just how fragile the earth’s eggshell of air, soil, & water is.

Hopefully as the need to be ecologically friendly comes into fashion, enterprising young capitalists will find a way to convince the mainstream that “ecologically friendly” is the way to go. (Fear of extinction doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps fashion will get their attention).

Once it’s a fad, everyone will be doing it.
Let’s just hope the “fad” predates the need!
If we’re foolish enough to fracture that eggshell, we’re all history. :(

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129339 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Thanks Eletrojake!
Good perspective, albeit a sad comentary on capitolism. It seems we as humans are a bit crisis orientated. Yeah- an off topic rant indeed. I think I will pass on CNN for entertainment tonight. I'll go for a warm and fuzzy read instead. I look forward to meeting the real guy (you) in a few weeks. Don't forget to bring any off the wall items in your climbing bag. I am always ready to learn new tricks and/or concepts. Bow wow!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #129340 by Electrojake

Originally posted by Treeman
Don't forget to bring any off the wall items in your climbing bag.

I can’t believe there would be ANY gadget in my climber’s bag that you haven’t tried out at least once before. No Sir. Impossible!

Yes indeed Treeman, I have not laid eyes on you since the 2004 ITCC competition in Pittsburgh. I’ll let ya know if you’ve aged any since then. . .
(Lord knows, I have). :D

See you soon,
Electrojake

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds