Anybody in Houston Texas ?

• tuffgong
  • tuffgong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128903 by tuffgong
Anybody in Houston Texas ? was created by tuffgong
I am very excited to find you guys! I have never climbed a tree with any kind of gear. Then suddenly after becoming a father reallity seems to kick in and my invincibility flew right out of the window. so I am looking for someone in the houston, texas area that might be able to show me the ropes ;0) I have already ordered the "Tree Climbers Companion" and am eagerly waiting for its arrival. I am open to any information you are willing to share with me. Thank you soo much in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago - 17 years 3 months ago #128905 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Houston Climbers
A few years back I saw a Houston Troop of Boy Scouts and their leaders that have been doing Recreational Tree Climbing for a while. You may look for that group to see if they are still there now that BSA has declared Tree Climbing not allowed in Scouting. The other option is to look for a friendly Arborist that may allow you to tag along in a few of their climbing jobs. After reading the Tree Climbers Companion you might decide to buy the basic Climbing gear set from New Tribe or put one together piece by piece from various suppliers (Sherrils and Wesspur). If you ever have a change to take the basic climbing class that will be the best option. Also buy the Tree Climbing Video produced by Peter Jenkins at TCI It is full of great info and easy to follow instructions, better than just reading the companion book.

If you are ever in Austin let me know and I show you the ropes and may do some climbing together. I have extra gear and ropes for two climbers. Welcome to the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Primerra

• tuffgong
  • tuffgong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129032 by tuffgong
Replied by tuffgong on topic Anybody in Houston Texas ?
Hey oldtimer I sent you a u2u message I am not sure if I did it correctly. If you did not receive it please let me know.

More
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129033 by Electrojake

More
11 years 9 months ago #135827 by dougmckaig
Replied by dougmckaig on topic Re:Houston Climbers
I am in the Austin area often. Are you still actively climbing?

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds