NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127347 by treeman
Thanks for showing me the shot of the officer that gave you permission to climb. You know how important it is to me that tree climbers follow all of the rules. You are a good model to us on the benifits of fitting in to a society with all four square corners covered. Now I can sleep well.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127349 by moss
Replied by moss on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?

Originally posted by Treeman
Thanks for showing me the shot of the officer that gave you permission to climb. You know how important it is to me that tree climbers follow all of the rules. You are a good model to us on the benifits of fitting in to a society with all four square corners covered. Now I can sleep well.

It seems that Princeton is a very mellow town (if you're wearing seatbelts and driving 20 mph). I know that if I climbed in a similar public park in the Boston area I would be talking to the law in short order. We did have a good officer within a couple hundred yards of our climbing trees, he was very busy working a speed trap.

The question of permission is a big bugaboo. Don't ask don't tell works well for my climbing areas. Where I'm asking I'm getting a lot of heming and hawing. The lawsuit paranoia is deeply ingrained. Creating public confidence in tree climbers is a work in progress.

We had some interested and excited passersby in Princeton, I think they went away with a positive impression of tree climbing.
-moss

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127351 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?
As far as the permission thing goes, I asked they never answered. So, I took it as if they didn't want us to they would have said no. They didn't so up we went.

Going on my first night climb to night. Moon is almost full I believe so I might have to bring the camera for some moon light tree shots.

See you at the top.

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127352 by moss
Replied by moss on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?

Originally posted by Climber020
Going on my first night climb to night. Moon is almost full I believe so I might have to bring the camera for some moon light tree shots.

Have a great night climb!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds