NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127293 by moss
NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9? was created by moss
Starting a new thread on the 4/8 NJ climb so I can get your attention :-)

Based on weather looking wet for Saturday, Any chance I can get people to switch over to Sunday which looks much drier?

I know it's tough to make last minute schedule adjustments, just wanted to see what the possibilities are.

I will still meet and climb on Saturday if you are locked into 4/8
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127296 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?
Yeah that would be just fine for my self. Good to hear you are in town and don't mind to change. Best get my batteries out the the charger and in my camera. Same time I guess. 9:30 I'll be there. Have a little introduction and meet. Talk about equipment for a bit then go climb and maybe tree a few new things out.

I din't enjoy too much being in a tree the other day in the rain and snow. And it was my birthday too which made maters only worse. And that is besides the fact that I didn't thnk I was coming out f the tree alive do to the high winds that started in. White pines aren't to safe in wet and wind weather, exspecially when have of the tree had already fallen down in a storm weeks before.

See you at the top.

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127297 by moss
Replied by moss on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?
k, let's see if EJ and anyone else interested in joining us is ok w/Sunday. As it turns out the probablity for rain on Saturday is now dropping down to 50% after 9 am. Sunday is setting up to be a beauty of a day.

So if EJ is a no go for Sunday we can stay with a damp but doable Saturday. I vote for resolving by say 9:00 this evening and then stick by it.

Thanks,
-moss

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127299 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?
Sunday It Is!

The 0930 start time sounds good too.
See You There,
Electrojake

NOTE: moss, I’ll send you my cell phone number in a “U2U” Instant Message, just in case you need a lead-in. Should be interesting since I’m not too familiar with the area either. <grinning>

GPS coordinates are. . .
N40 20’ 24.6”
W74 40’ 19.0”

- E j -

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127300 by moss
Excellent EJ, glad you can make it. I emailed jerseyEd and gave him my cell and new climb day.

Looking forward to it!

PS: what's GPS? :-) I'm afraid if I get into GPS it will ruin my sense of direction. I just maded a high res composite photograph of Marquand Park from satellite imagery. I can nearly calculate tree height by looking at shadow length :-) Some big conifers in there, I think I can see climber020 in one of them, yup he's waving.

• jerseyEd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127301 by jerseyEd
Replied by jerseyEd on topic NJ 4/8 climb shift to Sunday 4/9?
Looking forward to see everyone on Sun. The weather forecast looks great!

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127307 by climber020
Hey Moss i am gonna send my cell number to you just in case ytou get lost. I also carry maps of most of central Jersey so I will definitly will be able to help you out.
Also it looks like it will the 4 of us plus a co-worker of mine might come by as well. This will be good cause he knows of other good areas near by in case we get chased out by whoever. There is one area just 5 minutes from the park back in the woods. Always good to have a back up plan.
For food and drinks there is a WaWa 5 minutes from the park. If you come from Route 1 take the Alexander Road exit heading towards Princeton not Princeton Junction. At the 4th light make a right and it is right there on your right. I think the road it is on is Faculty Rd. Not 100% sure though. After that just get back on to ALexader make a right and follow it to the end. Make a left at the stop sign. Then at 2nd light make right on to Lovers Lane. Park is at the end of block. Parking lot is a 3/4 the way up the street on right.

See you all there.

See you at the top.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127308 by Electrojake

Originally posted by Climber020
This will be good cause he knows of other good areas near by in case we get chased out by whoever.

Whoever? Lets see, whoever, Hmm? ? ?
-
-

”You boys ain’t from around here, are ya ?”
-
-
Hey Treeman,
If your reading this, I assure you, we’ll make you proud! ;)
-
-
Adventure photos to follow,
Electrojake

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127310 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic Great Time had by All
Well I have just got home and am currently uploading the pictures of the climb to my site. Great weather and all for the climb. And even better we didn't get bothered by anyone. I know that I, myself, learned a few things as I hoped others did. BUt as I speak Moss, Jersey Ed, and my co-worker are still up the trees.

Be sure to check out my web page for pics.
http://climber020nj.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
And guys If you want any of the pics I can send them to you on a disc let me know if you want them all or just tell me the pic. number. Also looking forward to the arial photos taken by Moss and Electrojake.

Would love to do it again. We can try the Institute Woods. My co-worker knows where the good trees are in the woods. Only 5 minutes from the park we were at today. Just give me a date and I will make it happen. Treeman feel free to join us any time but I guess you have the Tree Fund climb out there. I would like to do it once. Us east coast guys need some events too.:D:D:D

See you at the top.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127313 by Electrojake
Yes Sir Climber020,
That was excellent!
Nice location, good weather, great trees!
Thanks for putting the event together for us.

As you know, I suffered a hard drive crash Saturday night so it will be a while before I can get my photo’s edited and burnt to disk for you and the guys. I’ll be working on it later this week.

I was able to get a few good movies of you doing ”horizontal air” from tree to tree. (a rather interesting way to cross the street) :D

Thanks again for a G R E A T afternoon in the trees!

-Ej-

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127314 by moss
Kudos to the New Jersey team, great climb. I'll post comments and more photos later. I didn't get the best photos of climber020 impersonating Rocky the Flying Squirrel. It's almost enough to say that a flying traverse with no TIP in the destination tree is a thing of beauty.

Early in the climb JeresyEd shows how to get up a tree while the rest of us are throwing everything we've got at a second behemoth red oak:

• jerseyEd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127315 by jerseyEd
Replied by jerseyEd on topic Great Day down Lovers Lane
Thanks Climber020 for a perfect day. Wonder how many people drive past the small road, with the old bent sign "Lovers Lane" and miss such a beautiful grove of trees. I hope we can all do it again.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127316 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Great Pictures and Climb Report
Climber020, Eletrojack and Moss, Those are great pictures and the report from the NJ climb makes me feel jealous. I spend the night camping at 40 feet up in my new Tribe boat. Nice weather in TX this time of the year not too hot yet. Look forward to hear all the climb stories soon.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127320 by climber020
I have to say one of my favorite pics of the day was this.

But I find it even funnier that electrojake is also taking a picture too.

And you are now the 3rd person I know that have called me that. Have been given ideas of getting a tatoo of rocky. I might have to keep that name.

Guess I can't paste photos from my site damn.

See you at the top.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127324 by Electrojake

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds