Get togethers.

• climber020
  • climber020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127137 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic Get togethers.
Go ahead and get loud and roudy. I lined up some tree work to do this weekend all ready. But the next time I decide to go, if it is before moss comes down, I'll be sure to let you know. I'll keep the weather in mind when planning it too.

See you at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127138 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Get togethers.
Understood.
My weekend is starting to get loaded-up with other chores & such anyway. Fortunately, lots of warm, dry weather is ahead. It will be nice to be able to hide in a canopy full of leaves too.

So. . . Now that the decision has been made, I might as well dedicate myself to the St. Pats Day festivities this weekend. ;) <Green beer anyone?>

Later,
Electrojake

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127156 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic So what's the new proposed date?
Lively thread here. Why stop now? So when are you going to break away and get social while getting high? Inquiring climbers want to know.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127159 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Get togethers.

Originally posted by Treeman
Lively thread here. Why stop now? So when are you going to break away and get social while getting high? Inquiring climbers want to know.

I'm thinking April 8 if that can work for the NJ contingent. Climbed twice this weekend locally, it was cold, felt like February. On the plus side I located two of the larger wild trees I've seen in my area, one a 48" dbh Eastern Cottonwood and the other a 42" dbh Red Oak.
-moss

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127160 by Electrojake

Originally posted by moss
Climbed twice this weekend locally, it was cold, felt like February.

Yup. Too cold, too raw. . .
The first day of Summer is June 21st. Soon after, I’ll be hanging up my long-johns and breaking out the climbing gear.

Actually, I was up about 3 weeks ago during an unseasonably warm Sunday afternoon. It was nice to be on rope and get the feel of the wind & trees again.

As for a pre-season get together. . .
Keep me posted. Climb or not, I would enjoy the meet!

Also. . .
The idea of a trip to MA. will remain on my “do-a-ble” list for this Summer. Actually, my wife would probably faint if she found out I was interested in doing something other than working, complaining, and making excuses not to take vacation :D

Regards,
Electrojake

• climber020
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127166 by climber020
The 8th would be fine for me. Hope the weather will be nice and dry. I could use a day off anyway. This 6 or 7 day work weeks are gonna wear me out. But on the up side I'm in at least one tree a day. It's great when your hobby is your career.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I am always up to learn new tricks and anymore all I do is teach the guys I work with. I could use some more resources. Heck I used the throwball trick for getting a throw ball unstock and took someone for 10 bucks. :D It's nice to show up the veterans every now and then.

Also when we get together I will bring all my gear with my if there is something I have you might have thought to buy and didn't know how good it would work you can try it out. I'm always buying new gear just placed an order today for rigging equipment and such.

I have finally found the greatest saddle after 11 months of try different ones at trade shows, other climbers and having companys send me there to try. It is the Tree Austria. And from what I have found out it is selling like crazy. Talked to a company that said in the 15 years they have been around they have never seen such a popular saddle. After I got mine some others tried it out and one person already ordered one and 2 others are considering buying it. Price tag is a little steep like $410 from Fresco and $360 from American Aroborist Supplies.

See you at the top.

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #127169 by Electrojake
Climber020. . .
Check out this PDF file. (click on the link below)
www.nzarbor.org.nz/members/treematters/Treematters15.pdf

On page 15 there is a review of the Tree Austria saddle. It looks like a very nice piece of equipment!

The file is 925kb in size so it should not take too awful long to download. The article is dated September 2002. A little old but still interesting if you have not read this issue yet.

Regards,
Electrojake

• jerseyEd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 days ago - 18 years 5 days ago #127186 by jerseyEd
Replied by jerseyEd on topic NJ climb
The date is April 8, what time, and where? I am located in south jersey and would be interested in coming. I went to TCI class in 5-05.

More
18 years 5 days ago - 18 years 5 days ago #127189 by Electrojake
j-Ed,
Go back to page “one” of this thread and read the 5th post down. It has the info. If you scroll down a few posts, you can see photos of the park.

• climber020
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 4 days ago - 18 years 4 days ago #127192 by climber020
I'll be there at 9:30 and will wait until 10 for others. If you guys want something to eat/drink there is a WaWa about 7-8 blocks away along with many other pizza and sub shops.
Let me know what you guys would like to do and I'll do my best to get it done.

See you at the top.

More
18 years 4 days ago - 18 years 4 days ago #127195 by moss
Sounds good, I'll be there 9:30. I'm up for some climbing, compare notes on gear and technique, hanging out with climbers of course. I'll be armed and dangerous w/photo gear as well. Looking forward to it.
-moss

• climber020
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127277 by climber020
Well as of this morning it is supposed to be in the 60's but with a chance of showers. I will put a final weather report on Thursday to give Moss enough time to change plans in case the ran sticks. Hopefully it will get done early, early morning . Guess we will just have to see.

We'll get together one of these times I swear. Mother nature has to be on our side at least once.

See you at the top.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127278 by moss
I'm in the Princeton area on Friday rain or shine so I'll be ready to climb Saturday morning even if the weather is marginal. If it's not too stormy I don't mind climbing in a little rain, wouldn't be the first time. At the least I'd enjoy a meeting with the leading representatives (whoever shows up) of the Northeastern rec climbers :-)
-moss

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127279 by Electrojake
April is less abusive than March,
Here’s what we're looking at for central Jersey thus far. . .

As I’ve stated, I'm very interested in this meet reguardless of the climb, so the weather is less of an issue with me.

Been looking forward to this.
Count me in!
Electrojake :)

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127288 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic We can expect a full report, yes?
This is quite a long get together thread. We will get a full report of the advneture here with all of the gory details I hope.

This kind of get together in regions is important to get moving, so us posters can see real faces. Sorry I will miss your get together.

Are there any other regions interested in a mini gathering?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds