Partner / Grove

• Dana Hart
  • Dana Hart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122851 by Dana Hart
Partner / Grove was created by Dana Hart
I have a great Climbing grove in Winston-Salem, NC and I am also looking for people to climb with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122854 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Tell us what's great about your grove.
Tell us about your climbing grove of trees. What makes it great in your eyes? Tell us about the trees and the area. Good views? Lots of wild life? Make us climbers salivate!! Trees are trees but what makes your trees special? That’s right- inquiring climbers want to know!!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122858 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic Climb NC!
Dana there are in fact a few climbers in NC. We (me and at least two other climbers) have been climbing in Uwharrie NF for a few years. Send me a U2U or e-mail, and we will see maybe we can get a group together!

Climb Safe!

Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

• Dana Hart
  • Dana Hart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #122933 by Dana Hart
Replied by Dana Hart on topic About my grove
My grove consists of mostly white oaks, some red, poplar and hickory. The ones I climb the most are the oaks with a circumference of over seven feet around the base. I don't know how tall. I'm guessing tall. We sit on about four acres at the end of the road. There is some wildlife. In fact there is a deer that comes by at her discretion and is so tame that the kids and I pet her. I was calling her little deer but I was informed by some neighbors that her name is Fancy. Now, one can walk to Salem Lake form my property. It's about fifteen minutes through the woods down hill. There is a trail around the lake for bikes, horses and walking. It's about seven miles around the lake. I've seen a few nice trees around the lake I've thought of climbing. My son and I have been talking about a Ninja Climb but haven't done it yet. Well besides the fact that I like my trees and like to climb them I guess a good thing about them for me is that they're mine and they're close. I keep some black line in the ones I mostly climb for a quick entry.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds