• josh123
  • josh123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
20 years 6 months ago - 20 years 6 months ago #122728 by josh123
MD Climbers was created by josh123
Robert-
I live in Annapolis and have been climbing for over a year now. Have you climbed before or are you just looking to get into it? I have never camped in the trees as I do not own a Treeboat. If you climb and know of some good trees, let us know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: YandL Outdoors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago - 20 years 6 months ago #122793 by sky1231
Replied by sky1231 on topic DC cimbing
Hi Josha and Robert and anyone else near DC,

I would love to climb with ya'll. I haven't been in the trees for a while, but had a lot of experience climbing, rigging and setting up tree-top camps a number of years ago in Atlanta. If either of you know of a good set of trees, let's get together for a climb.

As for big trees, they're here. Look in the older parks in areas that were not farmed. I have seen some in southern maryland, but have not yet scouted them out for climbing.

More
20 years 6 months ago - 20 years 6 months ago #122794 by treeman
For those of you who do not know Sky, he was one of the leaders as a teen (many years age) when TCI had an Explorer Post with the Boy Scouts of America. He also worked with me as an arborist. He has a tremendous amount of experience setting up large “tree villages” where a number of folks sleep over in the treetops. This man RULES when it comes to a creating a workable treetop community.

It’s been a while since I have seen Sky. Maybe he can share with us what he is into now. I believe Sky is in graduate school studying what I am not sure.

How about it Sky? Tell us what you are doing. Oh yes- that old man message from me recently was a spoof. I’m still climbing and will soon leave my position as a lead climber for Treeman Inc. for tree inspections and more involvement with TCI. Glad you visited us here my old climbing pal!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
2 years 10 months ago #139755 by mattjans
Replied by mattjans on topic MD Climbers - Noob in Baltimore County here
Hi there! Looks like this was created a loooong time ago, but what the heck... I'll post anyway. Brand new to tree climbing and wondering if there are any climbing clubs in the Baltimore area (or northeast MD, SW PA). Clubs or instruction. I haven't been able to find much. I've always enjoyed climbing and have done some VERY basic caving and bouldering. I also hunt from a tree stand. But my wife and I just moved onto a property with prob 100 trees, a third or half of which are 50-80 ft tall. We have an arborist, but if love to be able to do my own trimming and eventually learn how to rig and take them down when needed. We have 3 or 4 we need to take down (just took down 6). If the price is right, I'd be interested to work with a climbing arborist who would let me assist and teach me techniques as part of the job. Not sure if anyone does that. Happy to sign whatever releases necessary. :)

Thanks for any leads!

More
2 years 10 months ago #139759 by bigpooch
Replied by bigpooch on topic MD Climbers - Noob in Baltimore County here
Hi -

I live in Baltimore City. A friend and I just took a three-day course in tree climbing. We're looking for adventures and adventurers.

Peter

More
2 years 1 month ago #139902 by mccambjd
Replied by mccambjd on topic MD Climbers - Noob in Baltimore County here
Looks like there are some tree climbers in DE and SEPA who might be willing to meet up. Check out the Philly Trees thread.

• coolgen10@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 month ago #139979 by coolgen10@gmail.com
Replied by coolgen10@gmail.com on topic MD Climbers - Noob in Baltimore County here
Find anything. I’m down in Bethesda.

More
1 year 1 month ago #139981 by mccambjd
Replied by mccambjd on topic MD Climbers - Noob in Baltimore County here
If you're on Facebook, lookup the group Mid-Atlantic Tree Climbers. We've got members just north of Baltimore.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds