ACP- Canopy hammocks

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126135 by treeman
ACP- Canopy hammocks was created by treeman
Here’s one ANSI knows nothing about. Imagine- sleeping on the job. No wonder they never said anything about this!

What pound test should the hammock be? This is considering that we sleep while tied in, right?

There are lots of ways to enter a hammock. Should entry be considered in a standard? How about ease of entry?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126154 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic ACP- Canopy hammocks
How about:
"Staying tied in to a life safety tie-in is recommended at all times when in the tree. This includes while in a hammock or other suspended shelter."

Probably don't need to say more than that.

Patrick

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126169 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic ACP- Canopy hammocks
There should be no strength requirements for hammocks. Yes, stronger is better- but your hammock is not part of your safety system. I occasionally use the 11 ounce http://www.byerofmaine.com/amazonas-traveller.htm. This thing is nowhere nearly as strong as the TB, but sometimes weight is the big concern. When I lay in that hammock, I prepare for it to just rip right open and let me fall- so my ropes better be ready!

Are your ropes ready?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126191 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic -think Blazing Saddles...
REVEREND!

Yeah, we have used BYER, Wal-mart, NewTribe, and Crazy Creek. (I'm torn between the Boat and my Crazy Crib, by the way).

This is another time to not get specific, however I'm with Patrick, if the climber is ALWAYS tied in there is never a problem, unless the tree decides to fall over on top of him, just for fun.

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126196 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic ACP- Canopy hammocks
It's unanimous so far. No strength requirements for hammocks, as the climber is always tied into another life support system.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds