Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

We are aware of the hundreds of spam messages that were posted our Forums over the past couple of days. We apologize if they hit your email as well. The issue has been corrected the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Needed a higher tie-in.

Needed a higher tie-in. 3 months 1 week ago #138255

• Woodduck
  • Fresh Boarder
I had installed my tie-in on a limb about ten feet above a limb I had seen as a good place to hang some Christmas lights. The first mistake I made was not getting the tie-in high enough to allow more horizontal movement, causing me to get jammed in a crotch. I rigged a pulley for mechanical advantage, pulled myself out and got back under my line for the descent.
Today I learned to not use the Rope Wrench for a double line descent. I also had an issue with the rope sheath bunching under the hitch climber. I should have taken the wrench off before I started the descent. Got a lot to learn, but goin’ back up tomorrow if it don’t rain.
Lesson learned- a little more preparation would have saved me time and embarrassment. :blush:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Visitor Login