Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

We are aware of the hundreds of spam messages that were posted our Forums over the past couple of days. We apologize if they hit your email as well. The issue has been corrected the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Practical use for tree climbing

Practical use for tree climbing 10 months 3 weeks ago #138099

• badamik
  • Fresh Boarder
Today I was able to climb up my silver maple and clear a huge widow maker. It had broken off the trunk and fell on top of a few more branches below it. I am not sure how I would have dealt with it in the past, but it definitely wouldn't have been as safe as what I was able to do today.
ha296fed.jpg
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Practical use for tree climbing 10 months 2 weeks ago #138104

• steve-o
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice. I also cut some dead oak branches that were perched 40' above where I am building a pergola this summer. Before getting the training and gear I would have hired it out for probably the cost of my harness. Plus it was fun!
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by steve-o.

Practical use for tree climbing 10 months 2 weeks ago #138111

• badamik
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to spend a few minutes today taking down 2 more large limbs. My wife sauntered out and took some action photos. I took a picture of the aftermath. I am definitely enjoying applying what I learned to make my yard safer for the family.
Attachments:

Visitor Login