Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Practical use for tree climbing

Practical use for tree climbing 3 weeks 3 days ago #138099

• badamik
  • Fresh Boarder
Today I was able to climb up my silver maple and clear a huge widow maker. It had broken off the trunk and fell on top of a few more branches below it. I am not sure how I would have dealt with it in the past, but it definitely wouldn't have been as safe as what I was able to do today.
ha296fed.jpg
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Practical use for tree climbing 2 weeks 6 days ago #138104

• steve-o
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice. I also cut some dead oak branches that were perched 40' above where I am building a pergola this summer. Before getting the training and gear I would have hired it out for probably the cost of my harness. Plus it was fun!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by steve-o.

Practical use for tree climbing 2 weeks 2 days ago #138111

• badamik
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to spend a few minutes today taking down 2 more large limbs. My wife sauntered out and took some action photos. I took a picture of the aftermath. I am definitely enjoying applying what I learned to make my yard safer for the family.
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Visitor Login