Sycamores and water

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #137601 by moss
Sycamores and water was created by moss
Every winter I get together with some Connecticut climbers to see what fun we can find in the trees. This video is about our adventures for this year's climb.

We played with the idea of climbing a landmark sycamore at the edge of a busy traffic intersection. The owner of a diner near the tree vetoed our idea but we had a good time trying and met some interesting folks in the process.

At that point we decided it had to be sycamores so we followed a river down a state highway until we found a grove of American Sycamore along the the banks of the river.

We all climbed SRT on either ZK-2 Rope Wrenches or the Rope Runner. These devices are multi-directional on rope so there is no gear switchover to change from ascent to descent. The climbing experience is very similar to DRT hitch climbing.

I chose a tall sycamore well back from the river and set 200' of rope as high as I could in the tree. I tied on an additional 60' of line to the end of the 200' rope to make sure I had enough rope to climb through a couple of trees horizontally and make to the river. The combined length of rope was base anchored on the tree I made my initial ascent on. the rest should be self explanatory ;-)

https://vimeo.com/152316132

-AJ
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by moss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds