throw line math class 101 - VIDEO

• jerseygirl
  • jerseygirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #130815 by jerseygirl
throw line math class 101 - VIDEO was created by jerseygirl
Hallo - i just had to get in a climb - so today i packed the car and drive to a favorite place. it is a closed, thank you katrina camp ground that is run by the corp.

there are about 12 nice size - over 80 foot oaks and many other trees that are lonely and just waiting for someone to hug them.

I have climbed here about four times and it is a great place.

here is a video of one tree and the fun i had getting my line in it

enjoy

jz
Last edit: 16 years 5 months ago by jerseygirl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #130820 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:throw line math class 101 - VIDEO
71'!!!

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 5 months ago #130826 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:throw line math class 101 - VIDEO
nickfromwi wrote:

71'!!!

Good stuff, 71 ft. is up there.

Shari, what's your gear configuration and throw technique so others can learn?
-moss

More
16 years 5 months ago #130828 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:throw line math class 101 - VIDEO
Another thing worth mentioning...if we are talking about using our ropes as measuring devices...

I see a few thousand feet of rope coming in and out my door every month. I measure almost every foot. I know that manufacturers use about a +/- 5% margin of error. I routinely get hanks that are quite a bit shorter than I asked for. (20' can be a big deal when someone asks for 2 200' hanks and they send me 380' and I cut off the first 200', then find the second 200' to actually be 180!!!) It is to the point where I just order an extra 5-10% so that I know I'll have the rope I need to fulfill the order.

If your measurements NEED to be precise, figure out an accurate way to measure your rope so that you know your 150 is actually 150.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• trailwatcher
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #130946 by trailwatcher
Replied by trailwatcher on topic Re:throw line math class 101 - VIDEO
Nick -- You are on the money with the factory length. Also the width of the limb could be six are more inches and that would mean a shorter climbing height. Also does the rope hang straight down or is it laying against a limb? These are the questions that climbers want to know. JerseyGirl it was a pleasure seeing you again at F.D.R.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds