More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #130010 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic
Only other way might be to just leave a small poster/sign at your local arborist shop. Though it is the 21st century, not every has a computer or if they do might not know how to use it.

I think the chances of actually having another climber find you when you are climbing is pretty slim. And I am sure there are lurkers on the site that climb but never post.

See you at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Electrojake
  • Electrojake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #130012 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic

Originally posted by Climber020. . . And I am sure there are lurkers on the site that climb but never post.

And a few that post but never climb :D

Yeah, seems slim here in central & north Jersey too.
I just got back from a 3 day Memorial Day camping weekend in North West Jersey with several others.

The fellow campers I met on the trails and on the water had no clue or interest in what recreational climbing was all about. I don’t push the subject too much for fear of blowing my cover anyway.

I headed for the deep woods and Ninja climbed a few beauties solo. Did a little “outlaw” trimming on a grand White Oak with my Son. Its very nice to save a beautiful thing from a slow death.

Anyway, Seems most other campers packed in beer & snacks rather than climbing gear and tree I.D. books such as I did. We all enjoy the same woods differently. No problem.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #130038 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic
Hello - NEW rec climber here - georgia be the state. hoping to find a few ladies to climb with

hope this works out

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds