Do you know anyone studying in Palawan or Borneo?

• stormbind
  • stormbind's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #133985 by stormbind
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the idea of climbing and seek free practice.

Demonstrating my long-term commitment, I have just completed three months of anthropological fieldwork in the rain forests of Palawan where I befriended a nomadic tribe. My fieldwork was in association with London University, and it revolved around media production. On return visits, I would like to ascend into the jungle canopy.

Could you please tell me, do you know any kind canopy researchers based in London, or international researchers with operations in Palawan or nearby Borneo? :)

Thanks very much - I'll now go and make a fool of myself in one of the other forums :)
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by stormbind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #133997 by moss
stormbind wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the idea of climbing and seek free practice.

Demonstrating my long-term commitment, I have just completed three months of anthropological fieldwork in the rain forests of Palawan where I befriended a nomadic tribe. My fieldwork was in association with London University, and it revolved around media production. On return visits, I would like to ascend into the jungle canopy.

Could you please tell me, do you know any kind canopy researchers based in London, or international researchers with operations in Palawan or nearby Borneo? :)

Thanks very much - I'll now go and make a fool of myself in one of the other forums :)

Assuming you're currently in the London area, I would look around for someone who can mentor you on basic tree climbing technique including DRT and SRT.
-moss

More
14 years 7 months ago #134002 by oldtimer
There are a couple of Companies in Great Britain that you could contact that have links to TCI.
here is one.
Mighty Oak Tree Company
http://www.mighty-oak.co.uk/
The other is in the Isle of Wright
Goodleaf Tree Climbing
http://www.goodleaf.co.uk/
Isle of Wight, UK

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds