Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do canopy researchers view rec climbers?

How do canopy researchers view rec climbers? 10 years 8 months ago #131240

• treeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I think we have established the fact that most recreational tree climbers respect canopy researchers. Now I would like to know how the canopy researchers view recreational tree climbers. I am well aware of concerns for destroying eco- systems be it on the ground or in the tree as well as disturbance to research stations aloft.

MEA- you have an ear to the canopy researchers. What is the current attitude? This isn't a \"political or fix it\" question. It's more along the lines of communication and how we view each other (rec/research climbers).
Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How do canopy researchers view rec climbers? 10 years 8 months ago #131293

• Baker
  • Platinum Boarder
In my work, I'm sort-of both. I think one compliments the other.

I'm sure there are very eco-friendly rec. climbers, and also blundering researchers. But by and large, I'd put money down that BOTH groups are more considerate of their natural surroundings than the average person.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds

Visitor Login