"Treeman" resigns from the GOTC.

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #134153 by treeman
"Treeman" resigns from the GOTC. was created by treeman
I was a Board and then Council member of the Global Organization of Tree Climbers (GOTC) since its inception 3 years ago at the Colorado Rendezvous. I have attended almost every meeting.

I have decided to resign my post because I no longer feel GOTC is a viable organization. There’s a lot more to running an organization than putting up a bare-bones web site.

One of many serious problems facing the GOTC is the lack of will to bring in new people with passion and new ideas to invigorate the organization. An organization cannot move forward without community support and individual participation. Another problem is the lack of clearly defined objectives with deadlines to reach them. The organization is bogged down in endless discussions that generally lead nowhere. These are two of many basic organizational hurdles that in my opinion the GOTC has been unable to address.

All of the remaining Board and Council members are well intentioned. I wish them well.

Peter “Treeman” Jenkins
Founder
Tree Climbers International

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by treeman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #134156 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:"Treeman" resigns from the GOTC.
Speaking for myself (not for GOTC) Treeman was a great contributor and will be missed.
-moss (Andrew Joslin)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds