Sherrill Event in Ohio

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
14 years 11 months ago #133506 by Culinarytracker
Sherrill Event in Ohio was created by Culinarytracker
I am going to be at the Sherrill event in Washington Courthouse, OH tomorrow all day. I'm not sure what to expect there, but hopefully I'll get my hands on a lot of equipment. I guess it's a little late to find out if anyone else in the area is going though huh :) I'll be leaving at 5am to get there for the 7:30 start.

Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #133508 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Sherrill Event in Ohio
I just received the New Sherrils/Veermer catalog and it is full of new tools/toys. It will be great to have a chance to see some of them in person at your visit in OH. They usualy raffle and give away stuff so good luck and report when you get back. :laugh:

More
14 years 11 months ago #133510 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Sherrill Event in Ohio

Culinarytracker wrote:
I am going to be at the Sherrill event in Washington Courthouse, OH tomorrow all day.

Where is the \"events calendar?\"

More
14 years 11 months ago #133513 by oldtimer
If you receive the Sherrilltree catalog all the Arborist Seminars for 2009 are posted on page 81 or go directly to Sherrils web site or to the VERMEER site and there are links on each place under training. :laugh:

More
14 years 11 months ago #133514 by Davej

oldtimer wrote:
If you receive the Sherrilltree catalog all the Arborist Seminars for 2009 are posted on page 81

Oh, thanks, I had seen this list last year. Still nothing near me. Strange that it is now the VERMEER catalog when, I suppose, they didn't actually get bought out.

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
14 years 11 months ago #133515 by Culinarytracker
Replied by Culinarytracker on topic Re:Sherrill Event in Ohio
Well, I traveled an hour and a half to an event that I didn't even know anything about, and it turned out to be AWESOME!!!!!!

On the way down I finally saw the listing for the event in the Sherrill catalog, and saw that it was going to be all about climbing. (before I went I really didn't know what I was going to, some pro-arbos that I am friends with just invited me). Ends up that I got there and after much free coffee and donuts, I find out that it is going to be a climbing class taught at a tree out in the field by none other than Rip Tompkins.

Anyway, from 9am till 6pm was filled with classroom teaching and demonstration of every piece of equipment and every technique known to climbers. Except he never covered the single footlock, seriously that's the only thing I can think of that he didn't cover.
Everything before lunch, (which was a fully catered meal of pulled bbq pork sandwiches, green beans, fresh fruit, and mac&cheese, with cookies) was focused on climbing gear and techniques. Everything after lunch was focused on light rigging gear and techniques.

It was great to not only see all this gear, but to see it used by one of the true masters of the trade. I was already aware of most of what he was showing, but it took it to a new level that books and websites just can't compete with.

I have a few bits of newly acquired facts and knowledge that I will post in the appropriate category soon.

Carl

More
14 years 11 months ago #133517 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Sherrill Event in Ohio
Culinarytracker wrote:

Except he never covered the single footlock, seriously that's the only thing I can think of that he didn't cover.

99% of pro-arb climbers have never heard of it.

More
14 years 11 months ago #133518 by Davej

Culinarytracker wrote:
Except he never covered the single footlock, seriously that's the only thing I can think of that he didn't cover.

I hate to ask but, did Tom D's Uni get an introduction?

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #133520 by oldtimer
\" Strange that it is now the VERMEER catalog when, I suppose, they didn't actually get bought out.\"

They have always(well since I know them) been together VERMEER is the large company that sells Large Equipment and Sherrill sells Climbing Gear and similar stuff.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: Corrections

More
14 years 11 months ago #133521 by oldtimer

I hate to ask but, did Tom D's Uni get an introduction?

I do not think Tom D. was there and unless he was there doing SRT Demonstrations the Uni would not have been mentioned. I get the impression from reading the other site that they imply Tom is pushing the Uni for his personal Profit and I do not think that to be correct. He shows it because it is a great new tool but not likely many Rec Climbers will be willing to purchase. Looks like some personal animosity been going on there for while. IMHO :blush:

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #133522 by Davej

oldtimer wrote:
I do not think Tom D. was there and unless he was there doing SRT Demonstrations the Uni would not have been mentioned. I get the impression from reading the other site that they imply Tom is pushing the Uni for his personal Profit and I do not think that to be correct. He shows it because it is a great new tool...

I'm sure Tom would say the Unicender is worthy of mention in any discussion of interesting new pro gear. It is in the new WesSpur catalog but I don't see it in the Vermeer/Sherrill catalog. Maybe the presenter would not be familiar with it? Or want to stick with Sherrill offerings?
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Davej.

More
14 years 11 months ago #133523 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Sherrill Event in Ohio
Davej wrote:

I'm sure Tom would say the Unicender is worthy of mention in any discussion of interesting new pro gear. It is in the new WesSpur catalog but I don't see it in the Vermeer/Sherrill catalog. Maybe the presenter would not be familiar with it? Or want to stick with Sherrill offerings?

I'm sure everyone at Sherrill (including Rip Tompkins) is well aware of the Unicender, they're not going to be showcasing hardware that Sherrill doesn't offer.
-moss

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #133524 by Davej

moss wrote:
I'm sure everyone at Sherrill (including Rip Tompkins) is well aware of the Unicender, they're not going to be showcasing hardware that Sherrill doesn't offer.

Ok, but then... why wouldn't/doesn't Sherrill offer it?
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Davej.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds