Update: GA PRHS TTC Ed. and Leadership Workshop

• wildrice
  • wildrice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
15 years 10 months ago #131701 by wildrice
Hi All Tree Climbers,

At this time we are reviewing the areas that we can climb in. We have several new areas that we can climb in and some that we will have to move away from. Some of the new areas will include the Wolfden Climbing Area, White Candle Climbing Area, TP Climbing Area, and Mountain Creek Climbing Area. This is exciting because we have never had designated climbing areas before for a gathering or program of any type regarding tree climbing. We will still have the Hendricks Tree, Melissa, The Tower, and the Large Group Campground to do workshops and to climb.

We are still considering some other areas, but we have a mulit-recerational park and have to be considerate of those groups as well. We have some additional rules and regulations that will be announcing (such as everyone must wear a helmet and use cambium protector/FS). All climbers need to have a brief (5 to 15 minutes long) orientation, complete all paper work, and register and receive climbing permit with a DNR Ranger or volunteer before you take off for the treetops.

We are also looking at adding some additional workshops: 1) Forestry Ecology and Tree Health with Georgia Forestry Commission (GFC); 2) Silverback Ape Project; 3) Innovations in Gear; and 4) Night Critters (bring your black lights). Please note that this is still under review and may be modified. Any suggestions for workshops would be great. We will still have the Adaptive Rigging and Climbing Workshop, Wilderness Climbing

Workshop, and hopefully we will have Earthquest with us again. I am hoping that our musically tree talented climbers will be able to supply evening entertainment for us. If you do play a musical instrument or sing (or think you can play or sing), please contact me.

In addition, we would like to have a slide show presentation of last year’s tree climbing workshop. I do not have a lot of photos. If you have any, please send them to me either at my e-mail or > physical mailing address, so I can put this together?
Once we have finalized the climbing areas, rules and regulations, and workshops-- we will post a schedule. We will also have a map of the climbing areas when you arrive (which you will receive after you've completed the paperwork and the orientation).

If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me.

If you need more information go to the TTC website.

Look forward to seeing all of you in the treetops,

Rice Panola Mountain State Park 7703897801 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mother Earth- Our Most Sacred Heirloom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds