Message from Abe Winters

• pattyjenkins
  • pattyjenkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 1 week ago - 16 years 1 week ago #131331 by pattyjenkins
Message from Abe Winters was created by pattyjenkins
Hi everybody,
Due to the generosity of many in this community who responded to the call for contributions to the \"Abe Winters Friendship Fund,\" TCI was able to send Abe a check in the amount of $1800 to help him as he continues his treatment for prostate cancer. We got a note from him yesterday, which he asked me to post. Here it is:

Dear Patty, Peter, TCI & Friends,

First and foremost let me say THANK YOU one and all. Your list of names--some I knew, some I didn't--overwhelmed me, along with the notes and cards. In many ways as I stood looking at Nimrod on the 25th of last month and what he once stood for and accomplished, I thought of my younger days. Now he has a new role (tree house) [to be built on top of the trunk left standing after we took him down/psj] and I also will be doing things differently. We change, but still go on. Our mind sets determine these new paths; so staying on a positive note I push forward. Others have overcome far more serious cancers than I have so [I'm] looking up and keeping the faith folks. Again THANK YOU for all you have done for me.

Until; safety in and for the trees worldwide!

Abe

TCI continues to collect contributions, which can be sent to us to PO Box 5588, Atlanta, GA 31107-5588. Please make checks out to TCI and mark them \"Abe Winters Friendship Fund.\" Thanks.

Patty
Last edit: 16 years 1 week ago by pattyjenkins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #131332 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Message from Abe Winters
Congratulations to all the contributors to this worthy cause. Helping one of our own. It has been an honor to meet and climb with Abe in Nebraska and later on at FDR in Georgia. He is always positive and friendly with everyone even strangers. So, I wish him a fast recovery and to the rest of his friends keep those donations coming.
Get Well soon Abe!
B)

• pattyjenkins
  • pattyjenkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #131550 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Another big contribution for Abe
TCI received a whopping $700 check earlier this week from Pathfinder Inc. in St. Petersburg, Florida. Pathfinder is a non-profit organization that offers experiential education programs to adults and kids. Abe was their instructor who taught them how to run a tree climbing gig. Here's some of what they wrote in the note accompanying the check:

Truly, it is a joy to partner with you in support of Abe during his time of need. We could not be more pleased in sharing our appreciation for Abe's passion in teaching us to facilitate, as well as the connection we feel to TCI in passing on the gift of tree climbing to so many, than by hosting an open benefit climb; indeed, it seemed only natural and the best expression of our love for tree climbing. We look forward to partnering with you in other canopy endeavors.

What a lovely and loving tribute to Abe, who these people value so much as their teacher and friend. Thank you.

patty
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by beth.

More
15 years 11 months ago #131551 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Another big contribution for Abe
Great Job and Thanks to Pathfinder Inc for helping on this important project!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds