• dankraus
  • dankraus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 4 months ago #130930 by dankraus
Heroes for Hire was created by dankraus
A call for heroes for hire
Hello I'm a Arborist in Seattle, like Peter \"treeman\" Jenkins, I also rescue cats that are stuck in trees. I've been rescueing cats for nine years now. I started the business when I realized, One, that cats really do get stuck in trees, two, that concerned owners have no one to turn to for help, three, that I, being the expert climber and ham that I am would be perfect for the job.
People are so grateful and releived after I get their cat down. I've heard so many stories of all the things they went through and calls they made after finding their cat stuck in a tree. I figure it must be the same in other parts of the country so I set up a web site that gives helpful hints and has a directory of good climbers willing to help. www.catinatreerescue.com
If any of you would like to get on the directory send me your name, number, and Address and I'll plug you in. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. A word of caution, most cats rescues are not difficult but sometimes they are really difficult so anyone interested should be an experienced climber.
Cheers
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #130931 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:Heroes for Hire
That's awesome Dan. Love the photos, I can see that you know how to put the cat at ease as you approach it (or let it approach you) in the tree. In addition to being a very good climber it's clear that you have to like cats and understand their behavior to be an effective rescuer. Looking forward to more reports of your rescues.

Do you prefer to bring a cat carrier up or do you ever use a sack? My cat gets uneasy when he sees a cat carrier since he associates it with going to the vet :-)
-moss

• dankraus
  • dankraus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 4 months ago #130932 by dankraus
Replied by dankraus on topic Re:Heroes for Hire
Yes I try to be friendy and climb carefully so as not to spook the cat.
To grab the cat I use a trick I learned from Peter, I have a laundry bag that I cut a hole in the bottom, then I sewed a leather glove onto the hole, so to put it on you stick your arm into the bag and your hand into the glove. I grab the cat by the scruff of the neck, pull it off the branch like velcro, work the bag around the cat then let go of it's neck. works great, thanks again Peter.
Dan

More
16 years 4 months ago #130934 by averywynings
Replied by averywynings on topic Re:Heroes for Hire
The cat in the bag sounds like a great tool...It would be cool if someone could make them for a small fee for those doing rescues, but have no sewing skills...or maybe a picture to get a design idea :)

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds