Wishing Dan Well

• pattyjenkins
  • pattyjenkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130338 by pattyjenkins
Wishing Dan Well was created by pattyjenkins
One of TCI's stellar members in New York, Dan Connell (message board username Dannyc), sustained a bad knee injury in his work as a firefighter. He's now recuperating following fairly extensive surgery. Not only can he not climb for several months, but he also has to postpone the facilitator training he was planning in September, a big disappointment on both counts.

The good news is that Dan will be able to get to his computer starting tonight or tomorrow. I've been told by his buddy, Eric (MB username Hoot), that Dan is "desperate for tree climbing stories." So all you storytellers out there!--please start posting for Dan (the wilder the better??), and join me in wishing him a very speedy recovery. See you in the treetops soon, we hope!!

Best regards from TCI and all our friends in the tree climbing community,
Patty J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130348 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Wishing Dan Well
Dan, wishing you a speedy recovery.
-moss

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130397 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Can you post Dannyc"
Can you post? I mean, can you write behind the computer here? If you are laid up and can write, now would be a good time to ask those questions you've always been wanting to ask but never had the time to write.

Are you stuck in a room or temporarily grounded with your knee? What is your status? The climbing community here is a tight knit group. Keep us updated with posts and correspond if you are able. We want to hear from you.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130399 by dannyc
Replied by dannyc on topic status
Thanks for the concern. I have been on crutches for 4 weeks. I got the stitches out from surgery yesterday. Dr. is aggressive, I told him i have been laid up long enough. So i am now in a brace that articulates to 90deg. So i can walk w my crutches now and therapy is going good. I can almaost straighten the leg and can almost get to 90 deg. bend. I hope to be off crutches in a week or less and then i can get back to work. Light duty doesnt sound very exciting but it will get me out of the house. Once i'm back to work i will be back to climbing.
Climb safe
Dan

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130420 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Good to hear you are on the mend.
That's great! You'll just have to be patient while the body mends itself. Light duty sounds good as well so you can be back with the guys. Keep us posted here on your progress as you move forward with recovery.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
16 years 4 months ago #130894 by dannyc
Replied by dannyc on topic Re:Wishing Dan Well
I am back to work full duty as of last Tuesday. Did a climb on Monday,Wednesday and Friday. So i am back climbing. Taking it easy on the left leg but it feels good to climb after a 4 month layoff.
climb safe
Dannyc

More
16 years 4 months ago #130898 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:Wishing Dan Well
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are up and climbing again.

Do indeed favor your knee. I have been having problems with my right knee because I use it so much to foot lock the tail. I have now been training my style to include alternate use of right and left legs. I’m getting closer to instinctual with the technique (doing it easily without thinking about what I am doing).

Changing or moderating climbing style takes a bit of conscientious effort to get the technique to work effortlessly. It certainly helps protect you from re-injury.

Who else has changed their climbing style to reflect their physical condition?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds