Rendezvous shuttle

• ponderosa
  • ponderosa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #130050 by ponderosa
Rendezvous shuttle was created by ponderosa
For all those coming to the Rendezvous, please make a note of a shuttle service that can pick you up at Denver International Airport or in Boulder and take you to the Rendezvous. (Contact for reservations and prices)
Estes Park Shuttle
(970) 586-5151
http://www.estesparkshuttle.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130137 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic Rendezvous shuttle
Hi - i just contact these people and they said they are not doing this

anyone have information otherwise - how would we get from airport to locaiton???

jz

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130139 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Rendezvous shuttle

Originally posted by JerseyGirl
Hi - i just contact these people and they said they are not doing this

anyone have information otherwise - how would we get from airport to locaiton???

jz

Send PM to Ponderosa to find out alternatives. We could potentially pool on a car rental for back and forth from Denver, or something like that. I have confidence that something will be worked out. Right now I'd just make sure you have a flight in and out of Denver, everything will come together.
-moss

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130141 by jerseygirl
I will be booking my flight this week - the car rental is about 250 and i would be willing to share that with others - logistics setup - but we all know that - i did leave a voice mail for ponderosa about housing and will drop a note also - he is out of town until 7-6

question - how many people show up?

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130146 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Airport Transportation Suggestions
I already got a rental car reserved and may be willing to coordinate to pick up some of you if we work out he details (When you get there and when you need to be back at the airport. BUT I and arriving (8/26 p.m and returting 9/1 in pm) i'll be there several days earlier than you guys and may have to make a special trip to the airport for pick up. Any donations will be appreciated if we can work out the pick up and return times. hehehe.... Contact me by e-mail and I tell you my information to see if it would work out for some of you. There are others coming into the same airport and similar times and, I assume they may be asking around before the trip would be helpful in finding a good treeclimbing soul willing to share a ride and the cost of transportation to the Rendezvous site if nothing else to save some air emissions by sharing the ride.
(Global warming and all the Jazz!)

• ponderosa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130168 by ponderosa
Replied by ponderosa on topic shuttles and buses
The Estes Park Shuttle guy seems a bit flaky. He had told me this would be no problem. But now he's not returning my calls or emails. AT DIA, you can pick up an RTD bus or Super Shuttle to the Boulder Bus Terminal. From there it's only about 20 minutes to Jamestown. I'm looking into some sort of shuttle from Boulder to Jamestown and Cal-Wood, which is a few miles further. RTD to Boulder is about $10, Super Shuttle about $20. We'll try to work out something for people who can't get closer than Boulder.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/Routes/index.html#skyRide
http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?content=Denver

Here is another site that provides good local transportation info in Boulder:
http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=94&sectionid=1

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130172 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Shuttle Suggestion
Is there any way to find out the arrival and departures times for some of the attendees needing rides and see if they can coordinate transportation together? I assume that some like me are renting cars so we would be willing to help another climber(s)arriving the same time or close enough to each other so they can drive together both ways if possible.
When we attended the Oregon Rendezvous I run into two other participants (David and Dan) at the Portland Oregon Airport and we were able to get everyone in one trip by the transportation committee (New Tribe ladies cars) Hope some of you would consider these options and save some money and reduce global warming at the same time!

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130179 by jerseygirl
My plans - I should be arriving on the 29 in the afternoon in to and leave on monday.

i would be willing to get with others also to rent or share a rental, i might have an other to join.

thanks

jz

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130180 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Rendezvous shuttle
I'm coming into Denver airport 1 pm on the 29th so I'd be happy to collaborate on a transportation effort by rental or hijacking a cab, whatever it takes.

Looks like the bus route to Boulder from the airport should work well, it might be that (as Harv suggested) a volunteer shuttle effort might work to move people from the Boulder bus station to Jamestown.

But first things first, I have to register!
-moss

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130181 by jerseygirl
Ok - there is a shuttle from bouldar - limovan - 303-546-6826 they would go from boulder to the cal-wood, VAN up to 11 persons for $50 +tip (100 plus tip rt). one way - from airport to cal-wood $140. (280 + tip rt)

Moss- i will be there also at that day and about that time - rentals - vans are about the same as the bus PLUS shuttle (rt)- BETTER van if we can get 4 or more persons

small - mid car would only do three with gear - they are about 250 - i might have the three person.

the check is in the mail

LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130199 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Another Suggestion
Moss and JG Check with Dollar rental car online web site. I got mine for $150 plus tax for one week. Also Enterprise has good weekend deals that may be cheaper than the Taxis, buses and walking combination options described above. I hope this issue does not deter many climbers from attending the Colorado Rendezvous. See you there!

• ponderosa
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #130237 by ponderosa
Replied by ponderosa on topic transportation to Jamestown
We are working on arranging transportation from Boulder to Jamestown on Thursday. Either Tim or I will arrange pick-ups at certain times at the Boulder Bus Terminal. Here are some other options:

Taxi Services

Boulder Freedom Cabs
(303) 292-8900

Boulder Yellow Cab Inc.
4891 Broadway St, Boulder, Colo. 80304-0523
(303) 442-2277

Shuttle (In addition to RTD and Super Shuttle at DIA)

Boulder Express Airport Shuttle
1412 W. 104th Ave., Unit # 114
North Bend, CO 80234
1-888-457-4646
(303) 908-0707

The Super Shuttle Boulder
2560 49th St.
Boulder, CO 80301
(303) 444-0808

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds