The new tree book!!!!

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #129751 by moss
Replied by moss on topic The new tree book!!!!
It's that rock and roll lifestyle on the booktour.

I'll be appearing with Richard at the Museum of Science in Boston, 7 PM today (this evening) 5/9. If you're in the Boston area stop by say hello, listen to Richard tells some stories and get a book signed!
-moss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #129755 by coonrad
Replied by coonrad on topic The new tree book!!!!
The book just arrived at my library and I was numero uno on the reserve list. So I'm going to get cracking tonight on a pristine edition of The Wild Trees.

Big ups to moss and gnarl on this fine tome I'm clutching in my hands.

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #129782 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Preston book event in Boston 5/9
The Wild Trees author Richard Preston presented at the Museum of Science last night. We had a great turnout with many tree friends and family in attendance. The audience was enthralled as Richard "Gnarl" Preston described the ecology of the redwood canopy and the adventures of the brave band of tall tree researchers.
Some good connections were made with a local canopy researcher, climbers, artists, and kids and adults who want to climb. A big plus for rec climbing and some interesting ideas put forth around citizen science projects and recreational climbing.
-moss

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #129897 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic The new tree book!!!!
Gnarl,

Great book!! I was swept away on a grand adventure. It's the first book that I've read in many, many years. I'm more of an informational reader. There was one problem that I encountered with the book: it ended.

I've been bragging to Andrew about his superior illustrations through PM. As I mentioned to Andrew, I see this book as being a tipping point for popularizing RTC. We were missing a book.

Thanks for creating a wonderful book, Richard.

JimK
Treeclimber's toast: may we climb a 100 year old oak, and may we plant that tree tomorrow.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds