Rendezvous '07

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130428 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Rendezvous Schedule
Hey Moss
Is Harv posting it on line or mailing to the people that registered for classes only? Just wondering?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130430 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Rendezvous '07

Originally posted by Oldtimer
Hey Moss
Is Harv posting it on line or mailing to the people that registered for classes only? Just wondering?

It's going out to all Rendezvous registrants via email I think, I'd send it to you but I don't have your email. you should be gettign it if you haven't already.

• ponderosa
  • ponderosa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130435 by ponderosa
Replied by ponderosa on topic Rendezvous '07

Originally posted by moss
Received my Rendezvous event and workshop schedule today from Harv, very exciting! I just want to say that Harv has been been doing such a great job organizing this event. No one should underestimate how much "free" labor he must be putting into this. A big thanks to Harv!

What do you mean, "free?" Didn't you get my bill?

Yes, Desi, you should have received an email with an attachment Tuesday.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130436 by moss

Originally posted by Ponderosa
What do you mean, "free?" Didn't you get my bill?

Oh shoot! I thought it was junk mail and shredded it!
-moss

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130437 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic Rendezvous '07
HOW MANY DAY?

gee with all this HYPE - we had better have a great time - weather was 75 for a high - SURE beat the 100 that we had here in the COOLER mountains.

Just picked up my BANDANA - gee pirate that I be - it can double as an EYE patch.

see you in them trees

jz

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130441 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Splicing Class reminder
Just a quick reminder: There are 2 splicing classes going on. First is the Basic. We'll make a 16 strand split tail and a simple eye-eye sling. These will be things that if done adequately, can be climbed on THAT DAY!!!

The Advanced class will do double braid splice and a Beeline splice...eye-eye sling!

I think the word "advanced" may've scared people off as a few people have signed up for the Basic class, but none yet for the Advanced.

I think the Advanced is scheduled at the time of one of Tom's talks...maybe the advanced could be moved.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130447 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic PACKED and underweight
YAHOO - i did it - packed and all things are almost at the front door, 3 more days and my adventure begins.

I even packed a snack for the plane, (if if feed it - it might get me to colorado faster)

See you there.

jz

GEE - once this is over - can we start the countdown to 2008 and hope it is closer to home?

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130448 by cherring
Replied by cherring on topic Splicing class
Nick, maybe you could move the basic class, or do two. I signed up, but won't be there until about 3 on Thursday and according to the schedule, it starts at 1. I want to splice!

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130449 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Rendezvous '07
A couple people have contacted me asking for another. When would be a better time?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130453 by cherring
Replied by cherring on topic Rendezvous '07
Anytime there isn't another workshop would be fine with me. Or even split into parts between other workshops. Hey, we could keep you busy all weekend!

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130459 by moss

Originally posted by cherring
Anytime there isn't another workshop would be fine with me. Or even split into parts between other workshops. Hey, we could keep you busy all weekend!

Looking over the schedule everything's all booked up. I'm considering having myself cloned so I can do Rogue Climbing and Enter into Tree Time at the same time.

Saturdays's open if you're not doing the Fort Collins excursion but then again we need some time to climb trees!
-moss

• ponderosa
  • ponderosa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130462 by ponderosa
Replied by ponderosa on topic Rendezvous '07
Yes, I tried to schedule as best I could. Nick, you could also try to schedule on Thursday am if others are available. I won't be offended if less people want to go on the hike. It would mean rearranging beginning and advanced classes, but you're free to do whatever works.
Keep in mind also that lunches are sack lunches, prepared after breakfast, so the 12-1 hour is also always available.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130463 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Rendezvous '07
Actually, I want to go on the hike!

love
nick

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130464 by moss

Originally posted by NickfromWI
Actually, I want to go on the hike!

love
nick

Agreed, I'm really looking forward to the hike. First things first, get familiar with the trees and the land.
-moss

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130471 by shorty
Replied by shorty on topic Have fun, Be safe everybody!
I hope everyone has a great time and takes lots of pictures. I hope to be able to go next year!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds