• Electrojake
  • Electrojake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127720 by Electrojake
22nd NJ Tree Climbing Comp. was created by Electrojake
News Flash. . .

TCI member Climber020 competed in the 22nd Annual New Jersey State Tree Climbing Championship today, 6/17/06.

I was impressed. It takes courage to get up there and compete with some of the best climbers in the state, or in this case, Mark was there too, so you could say “some of the best in the world”.

Here are a few shots of Climber020 competing in the Secured Footlock and, the Work Climb

<><><><><>

Nice job Doug.
Thanks for a truly outstanding show!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127725 by moss
Replied by moss on topic 22nd NJ Tree Climbing Comp.
Congrats Doug, hope you did well! We know you have good stuff!

More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127730 by climber020
Replied by climber020 on topic 22nd NJ Tree Climbing Comp.
Was a great time with many of good climbers. Thanks again for coming out to shoot videos and pictures. My ending finish was 7th place while finishing 6th in 3 of the 5 events.

See you at the top.

More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127732 by moss
Replied by moss on topic 22nd NJ Tree Climbing Comp.
That's excellent! Looking forward to video.

Originally posted by Climber020
Was a great time with many of good climbers. Thanks again for coming out to shoot videos and pictures. My ending finish was 7th place while finishing 6th in 3 of the 5 events.

• Electrojake
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 10 months ago - 17 years 10 months ago #127738 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic 22nd NJ Tree Climbing Comp.
I have this “pipe dream” that I can actually take a few days off work in late June or early July. During that time, when I’m not doing tree removal, digging a cesspool, or scrubbing the bilges, I want to put some serious effort into the continuing Climber020 video series. <grinning>

He (Doug) also has a “vision”. It’s something about making a training video, (safer to call it a demonstration video for arbor persons). I might be interested in doing some work on this project. I know he ties a mean Swabish (or was it a Distel?) and that thing he does with the running bowline when he single-lines is pretty interesting too. I could stand to learn quite a bit from him and his arbor buddies.

Anyway. . .
Yes Sir, the resultant video of me spending a day at the NJ-ISA Climbing Competition with Climber020 and company is sure to be another home-brew, low budget, dandy. Later this week I have to get the un-cut draft over to him at which time he’ll most likely add some stills to his web site. After that, I’ll start tinkering with the video portion. Such editing work is brutally time consuming but jolly good fun.

And then there’s the Atlantic City Family Climb with JerseyEd in August followed by the Boston in Autumn Climb with moss & friends.

Man, ain’t Summer GREAT!
Electrojake

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127743 by climber020
I use the VT with 3 wraps and 3 braids. Yeah they wouldn't let me tie the end of to the tree for SRT but worked better for me tied the running bowling and left a 10' tail so I didn't have to go all the way up to undo the knot and got right to work.
I might concider making the hike to Mass. either by train or by car have to find the location for train routes but it might be a little easier that way. Moss if you could just PM me the info and address and all I will check it out.
Making the videos sounds good just gonna have to see when I will be able to fit it in. The busy season now while working 6 days a week.

See you at the top.

• Electrojake
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127744 by Electrojake
Understood
Its your busy season. No time for vacations just yet.

Now that you mention it, Boston by train is very do-able. My Boston plans would be early fall. Should be beautiful up there at that time of year. Amtrak will get you there (Trenton to Boston) in under 6 hours for about $120 round trip. We’ll see how this pans out as the season progresses. I’m real good at making plans but a tad weak in the follow-through.

For now, you keep working and I’ll pester moss for the details :D

Regards,
Ej

More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127778 by climber020
Well I have put the pics on line that my girlfriend had took. I have to delete a few of them. Also I just recieved my package from EJ. Thanks a lot. I will be adding them in the same album just in a sub album I'll post when I get it done.

See you at the top.

• Electrojake
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago - 17 years 9 months ago #127780 by Electrojake
Climber020. . .
I have four more movie files for you in .WMV format which should be suitable for most computer users. I’ll get them burnt to CD and out in the mail shortly. The movies are Aerial Rescue, Body Thrust, Work Climb, and the Footlock competition. If it keeps raining I should have this next CD out by Tuesday.

I’m going to send you two of everything. You’ll get a set of nice fat high quality files for your personal collection and a set of smaller, low-res files so you can up-load them to your web site. The smaller version download a lot quicker so your fans don’t have to wait too long to see you in action. ;)

I was just looking at some of the photos your girlfriend took at the NJ-ISA climb. I must say she does an outstanding job with that little camera. Very Nice.

Later,
Electrojake

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds