Frequency of Use 

Durability 

Technical Skill Required 

Ease of Use 

Safety 

Strength 

Portability 

GREAT Robust Ascenders...a little heavy

I bought these about 4 years ago and use them when climbing big trees. They are more robust than other brands that are made of stamped aluminum sheets (like the Petzls). This gives peace of mind when a hundred feet up in the air. You can tell by looking at these things that they can take some abuse.

I like the large molded hand grips. They are easy to hold on to.

Because there are two clip-in holes at the bottom of the ascender, you don't have to girth hitch webbing to the handle itself. Your carabiners and webbing go where they belong and your hands go where they belong.

For a while I ran these with the GLeasy bars. I had to use a piece of PVC cut off as a washer so they would fit perfectly (they are designed for the CMI ascenders) but they worked for about 2 years perfectly with the GLeasy Bars.

Because the frame of the ascender is so thick, I can splice lanyards/tethers directly to the ascender without worrying about chafe wearing through the webbing or rope.

All the great things about this ascender are also their only downfall. They are significantly heavier than many other smaller-framed ascenders on the market.

If you don't mind carrying around a few more grams, you'll love these ascenders!

love
nick

Comments

Ordering 

Visitor Login