Durability 

Technical Skill Required 

Ease of Use 

Safety 

Strength 

Portability 

Ultra-tech - My Staple for Eye to Eye tails

This is how my dealer describes Ultra-Tech:

"Double braid with 24 strand cover over technora inner core. Technora is a high hear resistant material with no stretch. Great for prussick loops, french prussicks or in a harken block system."

Now, I have to once again be careful because these cords come in so many different compositions and varieties, and especially after Nick's review, I had to check to be sure that this was indeed the same eye to eye that I have used more than any other for about 5 years. It is.

Ultra-tech, even now with Bee Line, is still my most used eye-to-eye prusik. I have had negative experiences with pure Technora prusiks, where there is no poly jacket. Nothing to do with melting - more like unraveling.

Now, to directly address what Nick mentioned in his review - I was told by the owner of my Arborist supply that the core of a Technora prusk holds "all the weight". I know this because I had 2 that started to unravel, and after they replaced the 1st one with like for like, they were nice enough to eventually just exchange it for an Ultratech. I was told that the covering, if unraveled, would not compromise my safety. But I don't like it unraveling, of course!

Oncce again, I never used it for speedy descent. Only for ascending and positioning.

But I love Ultratech.

Comments

Ordering 

Visitor Login