Overall rating 

Type of Use 

Frequency of Use 

Durability 

Ease of Use 

Safety 

Strength 

Work OK

I've been using a pair of these and a pair of Petzl William TriAct carabiners (same gate mechanism, pear shape) since I started climbing 2 1/2 years ago. They seem to work fine for me. Any piece of gear has quirks that you need to know and adjust to, and these are no exception. I have sometimes cut my hand on the gate while climbing DdRT - when my body is in certain orientations my hand brushes the carabiner while hauling down on the rope - so I've learned to orient the gate toward my body as Moss describes. I have also had bits of bark catch in the closing mechanism and prevent locking, but it's hard to imagine any carabiner would be completely immune to this; I climb a lot of white pines and often have to wend my way between a lot of dead branches. I have found that sometimes the gate will not fully lock even in the absence of debris, so I've learned to check carefully. I suppose it's possible that the gate could open by accident, but I've never had this happen, even in tight places. On the whole I'm content with these, and don't feel any urgent need to replace them anytime soon.

Comments

Ordering 

Visitor Login